Opponents of renewable energy (it’s hard to believe they exist) claim that renewables cannot compete economically with oil, gas, and nuclear power. I have discussed the fallacy in this argument from an economic theory point of view here, but it is also important to point out that the subsidies for renewables are a tiny fraction of those for coal, oil, and gas. Many reports on this topic focus on the comparison of overall subsidies to fossils and nuclear vs. oil & gas, but in the context of all the criticism that the Department of Energy (DOE) has gotten after one … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
Tagsaffordable care act Arithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fossils Fox News funny gerrymandering global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction pollution PTC R&D redistricting renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Cuts Texas
- Beauty Products, Hair Chemicals, and Uterine Cancer
- Ketamine for Mental Health Treatment: How Promising Is It?
- Are Video Games GOOD for Kids?
- Does Cold Weather Cause Colds?
- Is Marijuana Safe During Pregnancy?
- Smartphones, Early Puberty, and Bad, Scary Headlines
- Healthcare Triage Podcast: Regenerative Medicine and Reprogramming Tissues Using Your Body
- Depression and Saint John’s Wort
- Does Coffee Increase Lifespan?
- Why some choose health care sharing ministries