At a time when most states are seeing higher revenues as the country recovers economically, Kansas’ revenues have plummeted. The result has been cuts to schools, cuts to higher education, cuts to libraries, and cuts to local health centers. Kansas’ job growth and income growth are lagging the nation’s. In response to the fiscal difficulties, Moody’s recently lowered the state’s bond rating.
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
Tagsaffordable care act Arithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fossils Fox News funny gerrymandering global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction pollution PTC R&D redistricting renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Cuts Texas
- Monthly caps as a matter of affordability and equity
- What is the Inflation Reduction Act and What Does it do for Medicare?
- Studies Show New Weight Loss Medications are the Real Deal, plus some data on what happens when we stop taking them
- Climate Change and Our Food Supply
- A Research Gap in Crisis Pregnancy Center Patient Outcomes
- Robert Kennedy, Jr. Is Wrong About Vaccine Testing
- Climate Change and Safe Drinking Water
- Does Breastfeeding Result in Smarter Kids?
- The non-physical side effects of health care
- Ticks, Mosquitos, and How Climate Change Could Increase Disease