Republicans reap the fruits of redistricting – The Maddow Blog. This is fantastic analysis showing the raw 2012 vote results for the House in key states vs. the vote outcome in terms of the number of seats that went to each party in that state. The key takeaway is that even in states where Democratic House candidates received a majority of votes, Republicans actually won a majority of House seats due to redistricting that gerrymanders safe Republican districts. For example, in Michigan, Democrats garnered 2,327,985 votes to Republicans 2,086,804, but thanks to gerrymandered districts, that resulted in Republicans winning 9 … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- SciShow Kids: Going to the Doctor’s Office with Dr. Aaron Carroll
- Cost sharing reduction weeds: “Silver loading” and the “silver switcheroo” explained
- Healthcare Triage News: Trump Cuts ACA Cost-sharing Payments, Lawsuits Incoming
- JAMA Forum: What Do Medicare Advantage Networks Look Like?
- The lawsuit to restore the cost-sharing payments.
- Waiver changes
- How a Healthy Economy Can Shorten Life Spans
- Ateev Mehrotra on a controversial Texas emergency medicine study
- Healthcare Triage: Is Medicaid Coverage Better or Worse than Private Insurance?
- Trump has declared open war on the ACA