NPR has put together an incredible website full of information and interactive tools on the Texas drought: Texas drought maps and photos | NPR StateImpact. I have a friend who worked in the Texas Legislature for several years. He and his Rep tried hard to introduce a bill into committee (I believe it was the 2011 session) that simply required Texas state agencies to plan for the contingency of drought. They couldn’t even get the bill a hearing in the committee because in the eyes of the right-wing ideologues that control this (and many other) state government, it was one … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- SciShow Kids: Going to the Doctor’s Office with Dr. Aaron Carroll
- Cost sharing reduction weeds: “Silver loading” and the “silver switcheroo” explained
- Healthcare Triage News: Trump Cuts ACA Cost-sharing Payments, Lawsuits Incoming
- JAMA Forum: What Do Medicare Advantage Networks Look Like?
- The lawsuit to restore the cost-sharing payments.
- Waiver changes
- How a Healthy Economy Can Shorten Life Spans
- Ateev Mehrotra on a controversial Texas emergency medicine study
- Healthcare Triage: Is Medicaid Coverage Better or Worse than Private Insurance?
- Trump has declared open war on the ACA