GOP Obamacare sabotage works. Incredible: Tuesday’s GOP response to the State of the Union featured “Bette in Spokane” whose insurance costs went way up under Obamacare. It turns out though that Bette was the victim of GOP sabotage. She took Republican advice and did NOT shop for a plan on the Exchange and got ripped off. As this article points out: “Even though the exchange could have gotten her a better deal, it was a better political outcome for Republicans that she didn’t avail herself of that option. And precisely because she didn’t, she was turned into a poster woman … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- How Risky Are Kids’ Sports?
- Let’s Retire Myths About Individual Behavior and Health
- Healthcare Triage Podcast: CAR T-Cell Therapy and the Future of Cancer Treatment
- Childhood Obesity Is a Major Problem. Research Isn’t Helping.
- The effects of sense of belonging on student mental health outcomes
- Brief summary of *White Fragility*
- Recent publications from Boston University’s Department of Health Law, Policy and Management: January 2020 Edition
- Race and Medicine: The Harm That Comes From Mistrust
- Do We Need New Calorie Labels?
- Deflating Results of Major Study Point to Better Ways to Cut Health Care Waste