I just got off the phone with a staffer for Senator Cruz of Texas. I was urging the Senator to not block the vote today on background checks on gun sales and expressed bewilderment that he would filibuster such a vote. I told the guy that 80-90% of his constituents support background checks. He gave a variety of answers, and I have included each with my response to him below: “There has been no poll on the bill” – true, but there have been many polls on universal background checks, specifically at gun shows and online sales, which is what … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- Healthcare Triage: Do Antidepressants Work or What?
- JAMA Pediatrics Podcast – How did the new AAP guidelines on hypertension change the prevalence and severity of the condition?
- On snoring, 3
- A press release is not enough (videos)
- Improving reproducibility in research – There’s a Healthcare Triage series for that!
- On snoring, 2 (a bad idea)
- On snoring, 1
- Uwe Reinhardt’s memorial service
- Provent tips
- Just how many billions of dollars are at stake in the litigation over cost-sharing payments?