Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas KIM PATE & PHILLIP MARTIN TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2014 – See more at: http://progresstexas.org/blog/beautiful-disaster-republican-hoax-texas-miracle#sthash.QZyGC4oV.dpuf Republicans like to talk about a “Texas Miracle,” in which conservative policies were a magic wand waved over the land that created a mystical utopia. It sounds like quite the tall tale – and that’s because it is. We call it a “Beautiful Disaster.” Falling high school graduation rates, last in the country in health care coverage, at the bottom in voter turnout and at at the bottom in air quality. Texas might … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
Tagsaffordable care act Arithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fossils Fox News funny gerrymandering global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction pollution PTC R&D redistricting renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Cuts Texas
- Healthcare Triage Series: Drug Approval in the United States
- Focusing on the impacts of social determinants among the Medicare Advantage population is good – but it might be too late
- A Dedication to Mental Health Awareness Month
- The often-overlooked connection between traumatic brain injury and domestic violence
- When a Medicaid Card Isn’t Enough
- Translating Research into Policy and Action
- Do Medicare Advantage Networks Vary by Plan within Contract?
- Red Meat Allergy from Tick Bites?
- Do You Really Need 10,000 Steps a Day?
- The US Healthcare Market Debate, Explained Through Economics