At a time when most states are seeing higher revenues as the country recovers economically, Kansas’ revenues have plummeted. The result has been cuts to schools, cuts to higher education, cuts to libraries, and cuts to local health centers. Kansas’ job growth and income growth are lagging the nation’s. In response to the fiscal difficulties, Moody’s recently lowered the state’s bond rating. via GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post.
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
- DeFazio D-OR lays into the GOP – C-SPAN Video Library
- A Federal Budget Crisis Months in the Planning – NYTimes.com
- Republicans reap the fruits of redistricting – The Maddow Blog
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- Some good writing on health and health care by Lisa Rosenbaum
- The Obama plan for combatting antibiotic resistance is out
- Hearings on new business models for antibiotics
- Higher quality antibiotics
- Shrooms to help you quit smoking?
- Methods: Good points from Cook, Shadish, and Wong
- JAMA Forum: We don’t save every baby we could. Maybe that’s OK.
- Why are there increasing numbers of disabled children?
- Limiting choice to control health spending: A caution
- Someday, kids are going to tell us to shut up – Updated