Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas KIM PATE & PHILLIP MARTIN TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2014 – See more at: http://progresstexas.org/blog/beautiful-disaster-republican-hoax-texas-miracle#sthash.QZyGC4oV.dpuf Republicans like to talk about a “Texas Miracle,” in which conservative policies were a magic wand waved over the land that created a mystical utopia. It sounds like quite the tall tale – and that’s because it is. We call it a “Beautiful Disaster.” Falling high school graduation rates, last in the country in health care coverage, at the bottom in voter turnout and at at the bottom in air quality. Texas might … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- The placebo effect is crazy
- This is how outbreaks occur. It isn’t complicated.
- Don’t count on Congress to pick up the mess after King.
- Methods: Difference-in-differences
- AcademyHealth: How coverage and technology interact
- Don’t cut the CARBs
- AcademyHealth: Using Drugs to Discriminate
- Presenting Research in Compelling Ways: A Student Competition
- How Many Adolescents Are Depressed?
- Can This Treatment Help Me? There’s a Statistic for That