At a time when most states are seeing higher revenues as the country recovers economically, Kansas’ revenues have plummeted. The result has been cuts to schools, cuts to higher education, cuts to libraries, and cuts to local health centers. Kansas’ job growth and income growth are lagging the nation’s. In response to the fiscal difficulties, Moody’s recently lowered the state’s bond rating. via GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post.
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
- DeFazio D-OR lays into the GOP – C-SPAN Video Library
- A Federal Budget Crisis Months in the Planning – NYTimes.com
- Republicans reap the fruits of redistricting – The Maddow Blog
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- Healthcare Triage News is here!!!
- Everyone wants test results. No one knows what they mean.
- When are wellness programs illegal?
- Insurance and HPV vaccination
- Please let us know if you see popup ads on TIE
- Methods: RCT’s simplicity advantage
- What we fight about when we fight about Halbig.
- The overscreening never seems to end
- The quality of Medicare Advantage
- The history of the politics and abuse of methodology