Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas KIM PATE & PHILLIP MARTIN TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2014 – See more at: http://progresstexas.org/blog/beautiful-disaster-republican-hoax-texas-miracle#sthash.QZyGC4oV.dpuf Republicans like to talk about a “Texas Miracle,” in which conservative policies were a magic wand waved over the land that created a mystical utopia. It sounds like quite the tall tale – and that’s because it is. We call it a “Beautiful Disaster.” Falling high school graduation rates, last in the country in health care coverage, at the bottom in voter turnout and at at the bottom in air quality. Texas might … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- Why the Medical Research Grant System Could Be Costing Us Great Ideas
- Healthcare Triage: Why Don’t We Invest More in Public Health?
- JAMA Pediatrics Podcast: Dietary Supplement Use in Kids
- Child Separation and History: the Canadian Residental Schools
- Healthcare Triage News: Medicaid Report Cards Are Out, and Life Isn’t About Grades
- The case that could end the Texas lawsuit.
- Amicus brief in the Texas ACA case
- A Big Loss for Insurers in the Risk Corridor Litigation.
- The Texas lawsuit could end some of the ACA’s protections for employer coverage.
- In health care, less is not always more