In Chicago, Bill Clinton calls for national grid to boost renewable energy | Midwest Energy News. CHICAGO — Former President Bill Clinton invoked the ancient Sumerians, campaign stops at wind-blown Texas border towns, the looming budgetary fiscal cliff and an eclectic assortment of other concepts while proselytizing for more investments in the grid and clean energy, during his speech at the Wind on the Wires gala in Chicago Wednesday night. Veering between big picture philosophical conclusions and wonkish descents into policy details and proposals, Clinton made the case that renewable energy is symbolic of a struggle central to human nature: “a constant … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- Healthcare Triage: Research Studies Could Be More Pragmatic, and More Useful
- Can Paying for a Health Problem as a Whole, Not Piece by Piece, Save Medicare Money?
- It’s Hard for Doctors to Unlearn Things. That’s Costly for All of Us.
- Healthcare Triage News: It Turns Out, Medicare IS Socialized Medicine
- Maryland files suit to protect health reform from Texas.
- Limiting State Flexibility in Drug Pricing
- JAMA Forum: Transforming Emergency Departments to Better Care for Elderly Patients
- A physician shortage and the role of non-physician providers
- What I’ve been doing
- Healthcare Triage: When Parents Go to Prison, Children Suffer Consequences