The Gun Debate: Lawmakers eye troubled background check system | Fox News. Good article that discusses the fact that the background check system is plagued by gross under-reporting of records of criminals and the mentally ill by a number of states. At the center of the issue is the National Instant Criminal Background Check System or NICS. As the article explained, even though Congress has passed legislation empowering the Department of Justice to address undereporting by states by using both intensives and penalties, DOJ has so far only used the carrots and not the sticks. According to the Government Accountability Office: 44 states had … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
Tagsaffordable care act Arithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fossils Fox News funny gerrymandering global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction pollution PTC R&D redistricting renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Cuts Texas
- Medical Training Can Reinforce Racial Bias
- Do Men Face Barriers to Birth Control?
- Better Process, Better Health
- Deadline Extension for Call for Abstracts on Aligning Systems for Health
- We need to make sure our response to the opioid crisis benefits all people, not just white people
- What Makes the Latest Covid Variants More Contagious?
- Healthcare Triage Podcast: Addressing Health Disparities
- Medical Abortion and Emergency Contraception: What’s the Difference?
- The health care coverage concessions made to strike a deal in the latest reconciliation package came at the expense of Black Americans
- Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kits: The Backlog Problem