Within hours of Obama’s reelection on Tuesday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) interpreted the Obama win and Democratic victory in the Senate by declaring that the election is not a mandate for Obama’s policies and that Obama’s job now is to propose something that will pass the GOP controlled House. The next day, House Speaker John Boehner (R) declared, in conciliatory tones, that the high-income tax increases on which Obama ran and was reelected was a non-starter. Meanwhile, the “fiscal cliff” looms around the corner. On January 1, 2013, the U.S. economy will be jolted by the convergence of the expiration … Continue reading this post
- Beautiful Disaster – The Republican Hoax of the Texas Miracle | Progress Texas
- This is what the legacy of ‘white privilege’ looks like in Bill O’Reilly’s hometown – The Washington Post
- GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues – The Washington Post
- Fracking the Eagle Ford Shale: Big Oil & Bad Air on the Texas Prairie | InsideClimate News
- Fareed Zakaria: The party of gridlock – The Washington Post
- Letter to EPA Supporting Carbon Emission Standards
- GOP Obamacare sabotage works
- How the world is failing at its climate goals, in one giant chart
- 2009 article reminds us that health insurance costs were rising far more than inflation before Obamacare
TagsArithmetic background checks Bill Clinton bipartisan Bush tax cuts climate change Congress debt Deductions deficit drought economics Election energy environment externalities fiscal cliff fossils funny global warming GOP gun control guns healthcare Hispanic immigration infrastructure Jobs market failure nuclear Obama Obamacare obstruction Plan pollution PTC R&D renewables Romney single payer Spending subsidies Tax Tax Cuts Taxes
- Healthcare Triage: Heart Stents, Angina, and the Placebo Effect
- Do antidepressants work?
- JAMA Pediatrics: The Dependent Coverage Provision Is Good for Mothers, Good for Children, and Good for Taxpayers
- Healthcare Triage: Quit Your Job if You Want to Live!
- Should Doctors Use Naloxone Even If It Doesn’t Save Lives?
- Knock it off, Idaho. (But carry on, Idaho.)
- Healthcare Triage News: Why Won’t the US Study Gun Deaths?
- Overshadowed by the Opioid Crisis: A Comeback by Cocaine
- Health Care Law and Ethics, 9th ed.
- Healthcare Triage: Why Does the U.S. Spend So Much on Healthcare? High, High Prices.